Stack-On gun safes are renowned for their excellent gun storage qualities. In addition to ensuring your gun does not fall into the wrong hands, they also protect your gun from damage caused by fire and other environmental degrading agents.
Stack-On gun safes are equipped with top-class locks. For security purposes, the locks differ in locking and unlocking procedures. Stack-On gun safes are bought with a default combination code. The default combination code is common to all Stack-On gun safe locks.
Once acquired, one has to reset the existing default combination code and input their desired, unique combination code. In other instances, one may feel the need to reset a combination code for reasons best known to them.
Changing the combination code of a Stack-On gun safe is not a direct process. One has to follow a sequence of steps in order to change the combination code of the safe. The following are the two main procedures used to reset Stack-On gun safes depending on the type of lock on the safe.
- Input the correct combination code to open the safe’s door. With the safe’s door open, press the ‘*” key followed by the pound key on the keypad,
- Input the safe’s current combination key again and press the pound key.
- Input the new combination code that you desire. It should be a six digit figure followed by the pound key.
- Repeat this step again.
- You can test your new combination by pressing the ‘*’ key followed by your new combination and the pound sign. Your combination code is set.
- Open the safe’s door using the current combination. On the inside of the door, there is a small red button near the hinge. Press the red button and release.
- A yellow light will turn on. You can only change the access code while the door is open and yellow light is on.
- On the keypad, enter your new security access code and confirm it by punching the ‘#’ sign on the keypad.
For more information, you can read our next series on how to choose the best gun safe.